to provide Accessibility for People with Disabilities Customer Service Policy
Our Statement of Client Rights
Hamilton Urban Core Community Health Centre supports the rights of clients to independent expression, choice and action, and strives to ensure that each individual client is given respect, dignity, consideration, privacy and opportunities to participate. These rights include
- A right to receive quality care and treatment in a safe, supportive and comfortable environment that respects the client’s social, cultural and spiritual needs.
- A right to care and treatment that meet professional standards by qualified staff committed to the clients well-being.
- A right to know the name and title of the health care provider.
- A right to be treated with respect, consideration and dignity.
- A right to be listened to and to have their concerns taken seriously without ridicule.
- A right to refuse to participate in treatment or medication recommended by the health care provider.
- A right to obtain a second opinion on any treatments, surgical procedures or health decisions recommended by the health care provider.
- A right to access and understand their medical records.
- A right to express grievances with treatment received and to bring their concerns and suggestions to the attention of Hamilton Urban Core management without negative impacts to their care.
- The right to confidentiality of all information related to their care except in cases where the Centre is legally required to provide information.
- That all information related to their care remains confidential unless they have provided written consent to the release of such information.
- A right to know about all the services available at Hamilton Urban Core.
- A right to decline services provided by a student.
We respect, and maintain high standards to protect the privacy and confidentiality of our clients, participants, volunteers and staff.
Personal information is information about an individual client, participant, volunteer or staff member that related to personal characteristics such as age, gender, address or phone number, family status, and ethnicity; health such as history, health conditions, health services received or activities; and views such as religion, opinions expressed by an individual, or an opinion or evaluation of an individual.
We ask for your information so that we can provide you appropriate quality services and better understand your needs.
2. Identifying Purpose
4. Limiting Collection
5. Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention
6. Accuracy of Person Information
7. Safeguarding of Personal Information
9. Access to Personal Information
10. Challenging Compliance
Clients have a right to review their personal health information. A client who is interested in accessing their personal health information should speak to the Receptionist and make a request for an appointment to see the Privacy Officer or send or leave a letter or note to the Privacy Officer at the address below requesting access to your health information.
If you have a question or concern about any collection, use or disclosure of personal information by Hamilton Urban Core or about a request for access to your own personal health information contact:
The Privacy Officer
Hamilton Urban Core Community Health Centre
181 Main Street West Hamilton, Ontario L8P 2Y8
Phone: 905-522-3233; Fax 905-522-3433